Position – Trainee Technician
(Reports to: Project Manager, Charge Hand or Foreman on site)
CET Connect Ltd is a Data Communications Specialist Company with core skills in Data Centres, Structured
Cabling and Fiber Optic Services. We operate across several countries including, Ireland, UK, & EMEA region.
If you would like to join a professional, fast-paced organisation and further develop your skills to become a Trainee
Technician, we want to hear from you. We pride ourselves on the quality of our Technicians, and the subsequent
quality of their work. If you feel you have the necessary qualities such as, a strong work ethic, respect for people,
flexibility, value for a high standard of workmanship, and a desire to get the job done in a safe and expedient
manner, then you will align with our values.
Key Responsibilities: Ensure all Health & Safety precautions are adhered to. Ensure all security procedures are
strictly complied with. Fully adhere to instruction from your Supervisor, Foreman or Chargehand and assist in the
installation of Cat6 and Cat6a cables or other activity as required. Take responsibility for the effective delivery of
the project for the client by keeping both you and your colleagues safe. Operate each day with an openness and
desire to learn and to continually develop your own skillset.
- Comply with all Health, Safety and Covid-19 Management requirements, without exception
- Assist in the installation of Cat6 and Cat6a structured cabling, testing of installation with a Fluke Cable
Analyser and terminating Fiber Optic Cabling.
- Learn how to read construction drawings
- Learn how to terminate and test copper cables
- Learn how to terminate fiber optic cable
- Carry out any other duties assigned to you in keeping with your role
General Requirements for the position
- Wear required PPE at all times, without exception
- Travel is a requirement of the position
- You are required to work on any of the sites serviced by CET Connect Ltd, either at home or abroad
- Must hold a valid and in-date Safe Pass
- Must hold a valid and in-date Manual Handling Certificate
- Full Driving License and own vehicle is also a requirement of the role
- Certification in Working at Heights, Mobile Elevated Work Platforms (MEWP) or Hoist Operator training
is an advantage but not essential. Training will be provided on an as needs basis.